If your little one eats their lunch at a snail’s pace, then this easy and entertaining little number should liven things up. Prep Time: 12 minutes (excluding chilling time). Makes: 8 mini snails.
You will need
- 2 slices of White bread
- 40g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, deseeded and chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes*
- 2–3 tbsp sweetcorn, cooked
- Cocktail sticks (with sharp ends removed)
*These Snail Wraps are fun to make with your child but when putting into lunchboxes for young children, remember to cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and remove cocktail sticks.
- Put the bread onto a board. Remove the crust and cover with cling film. Roll out until you have a thin thickness.
- Mix together the cheese, mayonnaise, onion and chopped tomato and spread the filling equally across the sandwich slices.
- Roll up tightly to make a spiral effect. Wrap in cling film and chill for 20 minutes.
- Slice each roll into 4 pieces.
- Attach a cherry tomato to each wrap with a cocktail stick to make the heads.
- Put sweetcorn onto the ends of cocktail sticks for the eyes, and attach to the tomatoes.
To view this recipe on Annabel Karmel’s website click on the button below.