Make your own homemade fingerpaint in a few minutes with this easy child-friendly recipe. Use beetroot, pumpkin, spinach and blueberries to colour the paint naturally without using artificial colouring.
You will need
- Beetroot juice
- Pumpkin juice
- Spinach juice
- Blueberries juice
- Cold press juicers or nutribullet
- Add one cup of cornflour and half a cup of cold tap water to a saucepan and combine using a whisk until a smooth consistency is made.
- On low heat, continue to whisk. Add more water for a thinner consistency or add more heat to create a thicker consistency. Once you create a perfect texture for paint let it cool.
- Juice the beetroot, pumpkin, spinach and blueberries separately to create the different paint colours.
- Finally combine the cornflour mixture with the colourings to create your homemade finger paint!
- Be sure to use a tablecloth and an apron to ensure the paint doesn’t go anywhere it shouldn’t.
Note: Even though the paint is safe for children, please do not encourage your child to eat the paint to avoid any confusion when they are exposed to real paint.