Homemade Play Clay Recipe
One of our (4) key pillars at Kids Club is Child-Led Learning through play. It is well known that kids (and even absorb best when they are having fun.
Here’s a neat play-led activity you can do with the little ones to that is fun, easy and great for motor skill development.
It’s fun, safe (in case bubs want to eat yummy colours!) and will last up to 2 weeks.
What you need
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Mix all the ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Stirring all the time, watch as the mixture forms a dough ball.
- Remove from pan and place onto a clean board.
- Knead until your dough is silky and cool.
- Give to your baby and watch her pull it apart, stick it together and even stack it up.
- When finished, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Did You Know?
This dough is perfect for the exploring baby as she is able to eat it, salty as it may be, and it will not harm her.
You can add food colouring to the pan in the initial stages if you wish, however, be warned, this can stain carpets.
Leaving the clay to air dry will have it set and it could be painted to a masterpiece.