Head to the kitchen to whip up some awesome ANZAC Biscuits in remembrance of our service men and women this ANZAC Day! This recipe makes 24 delicious biscuits.
You will need
- 1 adult helper needed!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 2 tbs water
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Sift the flour in a large bowl. Stir in the oats, coconut and brown sugar.
- Put the butter, golden syrup and 2 tbs water in a small pan. Stir over a medium heat until melted. Stir in the bi-carb soda.
- Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls and place them on the lined tray about 5cm apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on trays for 5 minutes then transfer them to wire racks.
You can also download this recipe as a printable worksheet below.