Make fizzy sidewalk paint with your kids as a fun outdoor activity. This can also be used as a pre writing activity where your child can practice drawing shapes and writing letters then watch them fizz up when vinegar is added!
You will need
- Baking soda
- Food coloring
- Very warm water
- Paint stirring sticks or spatulas
- Painting tools: basters, grill brushes, paint brushes, etc.
- Squirt bottle
- White vinegar
- Gather your ingredients. Combine the cornflour, baking soda and water in a large bowl.
- Add the food colouring to your paint mix. You might like to divide your mixture into separate, smaller bowls to make multiple colours.
- Take your paint outside and get creative painting your path or driveway!
- Now for the fizzy part, fill a spray bottle with vinegar.
- Spray the vinegar onto your artwork and watch it fizz!
- The rain will wash away the mess that your fizzy paints have made.