Emotion charades can encourage children to express different emotions and gives them the opportunity to practice being empathetic and tuned in to the feelings of others.
You will need
- Open space
- Thicker paper or cardboard
- Paint, markers, crayons or pencils.
- Create your own flashcards by cutting up paper or carboard. Help you little one draw faces with different emotion on each flashcard. Write the emotion beneath the picture beneath the drawing.
- Take turns with your child picking a flashcard and acting out the emotion on the card without speaking. The other will try to guess what emotion you are trying to act out.
- Use a mirror so they can also see how their face changes as they focus on different emotions!