Teaching your child how to navigate their way around the kitchen helps encourage family bonding, teaches them life skills, promotes healthy eating and boosts self-confidence.
The little ones can try their hand at creating Annabel Karmel’s delicious Chicken, Quinoa, Apple and Sage Balls! This easy and quick recipe only takes 15-20mins to prepare and cook, and will make you 25 balls.
You will need
- 250g chicken thigh, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 eating apple, peeled and diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 70g cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 40g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 40g panko breadcrumbs
- Oil, for frying
- Place all the ingredients, except the oil, into a food processor. Whiz until the mixture has come together. Shape into twenty-five balls.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Fry the balls for 10–12 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. You can allow to cool and freeze once cooked.
To view this recipe on Annabel Karmel’s website, click on the button below.